Also known as: Azithromycin
Azithrus is created by pharmacy specialists to treat dangerous infections (STD, pneumonia, bronchitis, lungs, throat or ears infections, skin infections, MAC). Azithrus works by destroying the bacteria which cause infection. Azithrus acts as an anti-infection remedy and contains the active ingredient Azithromycin - a macrolide antibiotic which works by killing bacteria which spread infection. Azithrus and other antibiotics don't treat viral infections (flu, cold etc.). Azithrus can be taken by children who are over 1 year old, in treatment of community acquired pneumonia, tonsillitis or pharyngitis, otitis media. Azithrus can also be taken by patients who are allergic to penicillin. Azithrus is also known as Azithromycin, Azovid, Azee, Azotik, Azithral, Zithromac, Vinzam, Zmax, Sumamed, Zitrocin, Aziswift.
It is important that your child completes the course of antibiotic. This means that they must take the medicine for the number of days that the doctor has told you to, or until all the medicine has been taken. If you stop giving the antibiotic too soon, the troublesome bacteria that are left will start to multiply again, and may cause another infection. There is also a risk that these bacteria will be resistant to (no longer be killed by) the first antibiotic. This means that it might not work next time, and your child might need a different antibiotic, which might not work as well or cause more side-effects.
Children are sometimes sick (vomit) or get diarrhoea when taking antibiotics. Encourage them to drink water to replace the fluid they have lost. If it is severe or your child is drowsy, contact your doctor.
Do not give your child any medicine to stop the diarrhoea unless your doctor has told you to, as this can make things worse.
Try to give the medicine at about the same times each day, to help you remember, and to make sure that there is the right amount of medicine in your child’s body to kill the bacteria.
Only give this medicine to your child for their current infection.
Never save medicine for future illnesses. Give old or unused antibiotics to your pharmacist to dispose of.
Only give the antibiotic to the child for whom it was prescribed. Never give it to anyone else, even if their condition appears to be the same, as this could do harm.
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine. Symptoms of an Azithrus overdose may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach discomfort.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Do not refrigerate or freeze the extended-release oral liquid. After water has been added to the powder, use the dose within 12 hours and throw away any unused liquid after your dose.
You may store the oral liquid at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Do not freeze the bottle. Do not keep the oral liquid for more than 10 days. Throw away any unused liquid after all doses are completed.